Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I take my ex back to court for a change in custody?

I live in FL and was divorced as of September 2009. I gave the father of my three children primary custody because I was attending school and unemployed. Since he was also a full-time student, child support was calculated to be $123.00 per month for all the kids. We didn't have any daycare scholarships and I couldn't find a job. I would like to take him back to court to get custody of our youngest child. I don't want full custody, but to be the primary parent and have him the majority of the time. See Reasons Below:





We have three boys together ages 6,5, and 2. The older two boys have adjusted very well, but the youngest is having the hardest time and his care is severely lacking. He has been pretty sick lately with multiple ear infections, allergies, and a lot of bug bites. I know from when we were together that he is a slob and that he can't cook. The kids tell me they have cheesy tortillas (tortillas with melted cheese on them) or chicken nuggets for dinner.





The youngest has been asked to leave one daycare because he was biting all the time and he has still continued that pattern. He has bit not only other children, but his brothers, father, me, and grandparents. He has a very angry demeanor about him and will scream and throw fits if he doesn't get his way. (Which I know is also a part of being a two year old.)





When I have the kids, the youngest is trying to potty train. He will tell me when he has to go pee or poop and I feel like if I had more time with him, that he'd be trained by now.





I don't want to have to split the kids up, but my ex is now moving in with his parents (who have 10 other children living at home) and my three kids will be babysat by the teenagers in the house over the summer. I've been there and know that the youngest will get ';lost in the shuffle'; and I'm also scared something bad will happen to him. They have a pool and they live off of a lake and a few weeks ago one child who was 18 months was found almost dead in the lake. (This is a super-nice subdivision. the house they live in is worth atleast $350k+)





I love all my children very much and tried to make a decision that I thought was best for them, so please don't be harsh and hateful when leaving an answer for me. You don't know the extent of the relationships and problems, so I'd appreciate a ';how-to'; answer rather than a ';how did you give up your kids'; answer.How do I take my ex back to court for a change in custody?
i don't have kids but i have a friend that i am in nursing school with who and she don't have a job either and her kids live with the father until she finishes school. she struggles with it every day but she knows that what she is doing is gonna provide a better life for her and her kids. Don't feel bad or let other people make you feel like your a bad mother cause your not. After all im assuming this is only temporary until you finish school. Explain this to the older kids and if you need to take the youngest to to make sure he gets better care, then do it, after all hes only 2. keep up the good work and it will all work out.





Good Luck!!How do I take my ex back to court for a change in custody?
Wow I was going to judge you for asking for custody of just one until I read the details. You need to talk to your divorce attorney, if you don't have one you need to get one. Or, you can call social services with your concerns.





Keep in mind that the 5 and 6 year old are not goign to be happy about this either. They're still practically babies themselves.





sad situation.
  • hair cut styles
  • debt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment