Monday, August 16, 2010

Is there a rule for how long to wait until you can date your friends ex?

i really like my friends ex gf and she really likes me and i asked her out and she like ok but im not sure if i should tell my friend about itIs there a rule for how long to wait until you can date your friends ex?
I honestly dont see the point of this so-called rule. If you and your ex are no longer together, why should he/she have to worry about who he cant date because he/she has dated you. I think it's all pretty silly. Not that I've dated any of my friends ex-es before... but cmon... They are you ex for a reason. Who is to say that the your friends ex isnt your soulmate'? Would you really let a good one pass you by beacuse you friend uesd to date him/her?


Now I dont mean to sound like an asshole. I mean I love my friends and I would do anything for them. But I mean you have to be the judge. If you are trying to get with the girl who totally broke your best friend's heart who he talks about everyday %26amp;%26amp; clearly isnt over.. you are just crossing the line. Have some respect. At least let him heal. And who knows maybe they are meant for each other and you will just have to let it be.


OO %26amp;%26amp; another thing, make sure the ex of your friend that you are pursuing really has feelings for you and you for her. See if it could be something more than lust or a sexual attraction. You could really lose a friend to a horny mistake. Hope this helps.Is there a rule for how long to wait until you can date your friends ex?
Just do it dude, life's too short. Don't tell him about it unless he asks.
it depends on how close you were to your friend and how he would feel about it
If you still want to keep your friend as a friend would be a much better idea to mention to him that you are going to take her out. Hope all goes well.
It's usually called ';Never';.


At least that's woman code for dating a friend's ex.


I suppose it varies in different situations, but if you're good friends with him this could spell trouble.
there are NO rules so if you want to date her and she says yes go for it --- and whats your friend got to do with it anyway --- they are broken up they are EX
Never, unless he okay-ed it.





It might cause problems anyway, but if she broke up with him and he is still single.. then it -will- cause problems.
This is actually a really hard one. Not too long ago a good friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend after about 2 years dating. 2 months later, we were all on a bus together and I sat next to her on the bus. We were just talking about every day things, something I didn't even think my friend would get jealous over. After we got off the bus, my friend came up to me; it was obvious something was bothering him. He looked infuriated and said so you sat next to (name here) huh? What did you guys talk about?!.





My point behind this is it kinda depends on the guy, and how their relationship ended. I would kinda bring her up in conversation and see how he reacts. If he reacts badly wait a little while. If he is casual then go ahead and tell him...but be ready for a big jab to the jaw...just in case :)

No comments:

Post a Comment