Friday, August 20, 2010

How long should I wait for my ex to call me before I should just give up for good?

Me and my boyfriend broke up a week ago. He's 23 and I'm 19. It was a long distance relationship of 5 months, where we mostly kept in contact over the phone and he'd come to see me once a month. We both really liked each other and it was working for a while, but we would constantly get into arguments about trust issues and his lack of effort sometimes.





Anyways, I would break up with him a lot of times when I would get too frustrated over his laid-back approach to our relationship and he would try to win me back and we would make up. This last break up was official this time because he said that he would not try to chase me anymore and that I break up with him too many times for silly reasons.





When I called to talk to him a couple days after, he seemed sweet and not mad at me for the whole incident. But he still said we were just friends now because he cant deal with me always breaking up with him. I asked if he missed me and he said yes and I said I missed him too and that I regret breaking up with him but he said he doesn't think he can do ';it'; anymore and he said ';you have to wait for me to want to be with you again';.





I don't know if he really meant what he said because he was just trying to let me down easy or just stringing me along without any intention of ever getting back together? =/





I tried calling him yesterday but he didn't pick up. And he never returned my call today. Should I give him a week to contact me before I should officially give up and just move on?





I don't want to move on, but if he doesn't want to try it again once more, I have no choice, right?How long should I wait for my ex to call me before I should just give up for good?
Enough is enough. Life is so short, hon. Nobody is promised tomorrow. Be happy and live your life. If he comes around in the future, that's fine, you can still accept him. But, stop wasting time waiting.How long should I wait for my ex to call me before I should just give up for good?
You guys broke up. Why should he bother?





Don't make yourself seem like the victim here by saying ';guess I don't have a choice'; because you did...and you chose to 'break up' multiple times.
Umm you had a LDR relationship for 5 months and you ';would break up with him a lot of times';





Just forget it. Obviously you two are not meant to be.
just move on.





you'll end up thinking about him and crying and being frustrated in the process but that's how it is.





sooner or later he will be out of your life forever
I honestly don't blame him for moving on, it was about time. It was way past time for him, and the right thing to do for his well being. You were trying to control him by using emotional black mail with breaking up every time that you didn't get your way. That was a very immature way of handling any relationship. You should have been trying harder to work out your issues, instead of breaking up all the time. I am telling you this so that next time you get into a relationship, you might use more of a mature approach for working out your issues. Yes, move on, you have lost his trust, and most likely he's lost his attraction for you on a deeper emotional level.
Yes, you blew it. Either you grow up and pray he misses you but personally I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Long distance relationships are hard. I know because I am doing it right now and I see my wife every weekend. I hate being away from her but it's the best for our future. Stay busy next time. The devil plays with idle hands and minds!
A long distance relationship is no relationship. Not to mention you would constantly ';break up'; with him then wait for him to crawl back to you. It sounds like this guy finally grew some balls and brains and found the courage to dump you for good. I'd never put up with that either. Good for him. Move on.
What is with all the young, UNMARRIED, desperate people out here tonight? Were you married to this guy? He owes you NOTHING.





Stop acting so desperately, and stop contacting him. The only thing you are doing, is pushing him further away. He is probably laughing about you right now. He can play you like a puppet because you are sitting around trying to keep contact.





Have some SELF RESPECT AND DIGNITY. Learn to love yourself, by yourself, and for yourself. You can NOT love anyone until you love yourself. And the way you are acting.....is NOT like a young lady of 19 years old. You are not in junior high school. Start acting like it.





People have a life outside of you and your needs. Maybe this guy has a life that does not include you. The world does NOT revolve around you and returning your phone calls. If I were him, I would steer clear of a person who is acting obsessed. Love is NOT obsession. Love is respecting a person's wishes......even if that wish is NOT to be with you. If you truly love this guy and care about him.....respect him and his decision. And respect yourself more than becoming a desperate doormat. You ';train'; a man on how to treat you. And you are training this guy in that he can snap his fingers and you will jump because he knows you are sitting around ';pining'; after him. Stop it.





This behavior scares me......I can only imagine how your behavior is scaring him.
  • hair cut styles
  • debt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment